Innovative Social Centre is a Children’s Home where we take care of 11 wonderful children --7 boys and 4 girls – who are either orphans or from destitute communities. All the children are recommended by village development community for stay at the home. Our responsibility is to create a happy environment where children are safe and well-cared for.
Morning (7:00 to 9:00):
- Teaching English for about an hour.
- Help with Homework.
- Help cooking breakfast for kids
- Help dress the kids for school. (As needed, some are as young as 7 years)
- Drop kids off to school. (a short walk from children’s home)
Day (10:00 to 12:30):
- Help with Facebook updates or other social media promotion.
- Help with fund-raising / awareness about children home
- Contacting other International NGO’s working for betterment of children.
Afternoon (1:00pm to 4:00 pm):
- Helping with our different projects like Education for Street, Women Empowerment, Inxchan, Animal care, teaching in school and more. (Or, you can also use this time for travelling around Kathmandu or take a resting break). We are always there to assist you for your sightseeing.
Late Noon (4:00pm to 6:00pm) Children come back home at 4 pm):
- Bringing kids home from school
- Help them with their regular homework.
- Play games or work on crafts with kids
Evening (7:00pm to 9:00 pm), 7 pm we do meditation:-
Each day we have different schedule.
Sunday - Drawing
Monday - Dancing
Tuesday - Singing
Wednesday - Watching Movies
Thursday - Free day
Friday - Cooking
Saturday - Free day
Children go to bed between 9:00pm and 9:30pm and evening is yours.
Happy Note: We just draw, sing and dance for fun. Volunteer don’t have to worry if you are not good at it (because we are also not good at it :). Its just for a fun-time together.
- We provide shared rooms for volunteers. A room may house 2-3 volunteers.
- 3 meals per day with Tea in the morning. You may cook for yourself if you choose.
- Facilities with European toilets and hot water shower.
- Free Wi-Fi.
We apologize but since we are self-funded, we are unable to provide free room and meals for our volunteers. To cover the living costs, we charge a nominal all-inclusive fee of $100/week. Some programs, like working at the Monastery, are slightly with all-inclusive fee of $150.00/week. Part of the fee helps with funding Children home.
Near Shivapuri National Park
Budhanilkantha, Gumti, Pasikot
We are located just 30 min from International Airport of Nepal, and only 20 min from city center.